Friday 11 April 2014

a word from the PM

Last Monday, New Zealand Prime Minister, John Key, was interviewed on Radio National re our response to the disaster in the Solomon Islands - Mr Key made the point that it is not so much the speed or size of the initial aid given by the NZ government on behalf of the people of NZ in response to events of this nature, but rather: "what is even more  important is that assistance continues for days, weeks, months, and even years"
 - thank you, PM.
The tsunami which impacted Niua hit in 2009. Today (2014) the island, its infrastructure, and its people are still a long way from rebuilding and recovery.
This is why I am continuing with my Niua Project - there is an awful lot which needs and can be done to assist the Niuans to help themselves.
I find that I am not doing this on my own...people are coming out of the woodwork to help, facilitate and assist with donations, labour, encouragement, laughter and friendship - my thanks to you all...let the adventure roll on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment