Wednesday 2 April 2014

tools/nails/screws for niua

Currently I am gathering hand tools, nails, screws and other construction hardware to send to Niuatoputapu. The isolation of the island means that supplies of any sort are difficult and expensive to obtain.
The Men's Shed North Shore ( www.mensshednorthshore.org.nz ) is assisting me to collect these materials, and I am extremely grateful for the support of the Shed and it's members. I am also honoured to be obtaining donations from the public as well as local businesses and charity stores here on the North Shore - thanks to you all.
The plan is to send the goods by private yachts when they leave NZ in May/June/July after the hurricane season. As before, the yachties will deliver the boxes to Kieni's family in Niua, and the cargo will be personally distributed to those need.
Currently I have over 100kg of nails & screws boxed-up, as well as 30 hammers; 20 saws; 60 screwdrivers; 2 socket sets; various files, pliers, gardening tools, planes, nail plates, metal strapping, clothing, books, pots'n'pans, knives......and a whole lot more.....

Donations are welcome - call me on (09)479 1808 and I will collect.......

john mck with donations
15kg of "scrap" from a hardware bin
hammers for niua






knives for niua

No comments:

Post a Comment